HTC 8S loosing SD card

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi all,

I have read a lot of threads concerning the issues with SD cards, including threads on here. I did this as since last month, my rubbish HTC started displaying a message: About removing your SD card...

I did have a class 4 A-data card and first formatted it, reinserted it in the phone and it kept having issues. It would work normal for some time and would then start showing this message. Then, after some time, it would make the SD card installed apps unreachable and card does not show in the storage settings menu anymore.

A nothing worked and considering the bad reviews of A-data cards, I did buy a new Sandisk Ultra 80mb/s card from a reputable store chain, formatted it and since then - no issues, until today when I saw the familiar SD card removal message. Besides, my old card is plugged in my notebook and works fine with no issues for a week.

This clearly is not a problem with the card itself. This thing, the HTC, has by far been the most unreliable phone I have ever had in my life. During warranty, it broke two times, then it started loosing one audio channel randomly, recently started to restart on its own ( was repaired for the same issue when under warranty ), power button sunk and it drops the SD card which is now my main issue.

I am considering to replace it soon but until then am stuck with this pile of crap. As I read other users have reported the same issues on other phones ( SD card issues ) - is there a solution already and can you help me fix this?

Thanks a lot!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I have read a lot of threads concerning the issues with SD cards, including threads on here. I did this as since last month, my rubbish HTC started displaying a message: About removing your SD card...

I did have a class 4 A-data card and first formatted it, reinserted it in the phone and it kept having issues. It would work normal for some time and would then start showing this message. Then, after some time, it would make the SD card installed apps unreachable and card does not show in the storage settings menu anymore.

A nothing worked and considering the bad reviews of A-data cards, I did buy a new Sandisk Ultra 80mb/s card from a reputable store chain, formatted it and since then - no issues, until today when I saw the familiar SD card removal message. Besides, my old card is plugged in my notebook and works fine with no issues for a week.

This clearly is not a problem with the card itself. This thing, the HTC, has by far been the most unreliable phone I have ever had in my life. During warranty, it broke two times, then it started loosing one audio channel randomly, recently started to restart on its own ( was repaired for the same issue when under warranty ), power button sunk and it drops the SD card which is now my main issue.

I am considering to replace it soon but until then am stuck with this pile of crap. As I read other users have reported the same issues on other phones ( SD card issues ) - is there a solution already and can you help me fix this?

Thanks a lot!

I used to own an HTC 8s, followed by a L1020, then by a L535 (while my L1020 was being repaired) and I'm now back to my L1020. I had a Lumia 610 before my HTC 8s.

My advice based on my experience would be to prefer phones that don't make you rely or need an SD Card for more memory. If unavoidable, use the SD Card only for Photos, Music, Videos, etc., but not for installing apps on it.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte