Error synching sms

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I need some help here. I've upgraded from Lumia 930 to 950. I thought that going from one top model to another would be easy.
Everything backs up fine but my messages. When I log in with my microsoft account on the new phone, it transfers only messages up to January 29. Not a single one more. I don't know why. SMS backup is on (I have the third option, not the last month and not the last year - I don't know what it is called in English). Actually changing it doesn't matter. There's no chance to manually back up the messages and I don't know how it works.
I tried contact+messages backup, but it doesn't open on Lumia 950, it just blinks. Pairing via bluetooth doesn't help either.
I really need to solve this. Thanks for any help.

Johny35

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.
With "message from anytime" you mean one of the options in settings (like "last month" and "last year")? I already have this. It just doesn't show up. I've had the new phone switched off for some time. Now it's back on and I'll leave it that way. I don't have my sim card in it. However I had it there when I started it for the first time. Since I need a phone, I put it back to the old one. For synching, I need just internet, don't I?

Are there any other options if the messages don't show up?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos