Beyond frustrated

Matt Addy

May 29, 2014
Visit site
So I recently bought a Lumia 1520 secondhand (phone not available in my country so this was the easiest way) and for the most part I love this phone but the touch issues are driving me mad. I had hears of 'Phantom Touches' and stuff while researching phones to buy and it didn't seem like it would be to annoying so I bought the phone knowing the issues. For the first month or so the phone was functioning normally and I did try to avoid having the phone in my pocket ever but I started getting phantom touches. Turned out I was right they weren't annoying. Sometimes things would just open and I would just close them. Simple enough solution to a easy to deal with problem. From there things started getting worse, now if I get phantom touches my phone will have a huge spaz with the screen shaking up and down, apps opening and closing and then will be unresponsive until I lock the phone. It uses to just happen randomly but now I can actually cause the touch issues by putting too much pressure on the screen or side of the phone. Heat also seems to trigger the issues and since I am running W10M my phone tends to get quite hot. So basically my question to you, the reader is this. Is my phone broken and in need of repair? Could this just be W10M? Is there any fix I could perform myself?
Just to add one last thing, I have hated Apple forever and this problem is making me want to buy iPhone.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Unless you're saying a second hand iphone would not have had any problems, I have an iceberg in Nevada I want to sell you. Beyond that, YOU bought a second hand phone from someone who probably had the issue when you gave him/her your money. My question is, why are you laying this guilt on this forum? I mean, at least contact the guy/girl you got it from. At least you can get the money you need to get an iphone, the phone you hated forever..according to you.

Matt Addy

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm not putting any blame on anyone sorry if it came out that way. I am frustrated with my phone and was asking the Windows Central community for their input on what I should do.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I had thought of going back to 8.1 but I am so used to 10 that the thought of doing it makes me shudder for now I will stay on 10 but if it gets any worse factory reset will be my go to idea
It will man. I can't go back to 8.1 anymore than I could boot my computer up and run Windows 98. It will feel the exact same way. You might find some assistance on Youtube if you not in the position to return it. OR, you could sell it and get one from Ebay. One that will accept a return.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss