Can a hacker in any way access information on my locked Windows phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My Windows Phone is lost good thing is I use password on lock screen to unlock my phone. I want to know if someone could still use tools and break into my phone.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The key word is "can" which is refers to a possibility rather than a probability. Yes, it is possible, but it is highly improbable... so improbable that we practically can presume that it can't be done. All the contents of a Windows Phone can not be accessed without entering valid credentials that verifies the user's identity, such as the PIN. But as an added security feature, you can login to your accounts.microsoft.com account, and securely erase your phone remotely, wiping everything permanently.

Of course, if your phone had an SD Card, the contents on that card can easily be copied off (except app data which is basically useless without the PIN), but your photos, music, videos, files and other documents that are not saved in an app are all up for grabs.

My suggestion would be to wipe your phone clean as soon as you can.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
If you've wp8.1 update 2, then you can make use of reset protection, otherwise the phone can be hard reset/wiped via WDRT and reused.

But the contents of the phone would have been erased and there would be nothing to break into by definition since the phone will virtually be good as new.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2