Understanding the 'Security' tab?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

This question is more requesting a source of information than requesting an answer.

The Security tab in Windows to me is just jibberish, I understand permissions, I understand directory structure with regards to ownership, inherited permissions, rights and what not but it just seems to me that the way Microsoft has gone about designing the implementation of rights leaves a lot to be desired.

I have Googled for an explanation of how to work with the Security tab and just get a lot of "How to work with rights" and "Did you need help with Folders?" type answers.

I'm hoping by asking actual humans that someone may get the jist of what I'm asking. I'd like to know if there is a 101 of understanding the Security tab itself. Like why you can highlight your user account, click the edit button and find yourself facing a dialogue that is nothing to do with editing your user account.

A tutorial or instruction on that specific tab would be amazing. I'm no stranger to file attributes but Microsoft seems to jump through hoops to keep them an enigma.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes