Command prompt/.bat files issue

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello. When I create a simple .bat file (to run calculator for example), it will give me an error saying that "filename" is not recognized as an internal or external command. I am 100% sure this happens because there are some symbols before the command "calc". When I right click my .bat file and click on edit, there is just "calc" and nothing else. When I run it, the command prompt run it as "AiLcalc" or something similar to it, so it gives me an error. What to do with this? It happens with every .bat file I try to run.
-Windows 7 64bit, latest java downloaded

(I would attach screenshots of how it looks like, but I cannot)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello. When I create a simple .bat file (to run calculator for example), it will give me an error saying that "filename" is not recognized as an internal or external command. I am 100% sure this happens because there are some symbols before the command "calc". When I right click my .bat file and click on edit, there is just "calc" and nothing else. When I run it, the command prompt run it as "AiLcalc" or something similar to it, so it gives me an error. What to do with this? It happens with every .bat file I try to run.
-Windows 7 64bit, latest java downloaded

(I would attach screenshots of how it looks like, but I cannot)

First of all you are going to have to join to attach images to your post, they will show up as attachments on your post. Without seeing your script, we would be playing a guessing game as to what is going wrong.

aubycek

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Untitled.png Sorry, I didn't really know i could attach images here. Here it is.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 122635 Sorry, I didn't really know i could attach images here. Here it is.

Hmm, odd.

Here is mine:
Script Test.PNG

Did you install all the cumulative updates?

One of the earlier cumulative updates made the calculator app crash on start up on my laptop; which was fixed with the following cumulative update.

Also try everything in lower case, see if that makes a difference?

Or try a different directory (for launching the .bat).

Lastly are you on a standard or admin account?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans