When is w10 going to be available to me.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Windows Central Question

I am a nokia 640xl user through ATT. I am so frustrated I am seriously contemplating going back to apple. Which would hurt, I love my windows phone. My frustration is the apps. (unavailability) I am not a gamer. the apps i want are never there. Such as pay by phone. (one example) I have been led to believe that w10 will cure most of that.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
All signs point to an end of February release date for phones not running WM10.

However if you have a carrier locked device then you will have to wait until AT&T gives the go ahead.

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
All signs point to an end of February release date for phones not running WM10.

However if you have a carrier locked device then you will have to wait until AT&T gives the go ahead.

Wait, so that means anyone that is carrier locked will have to wait even further than the end of Feb? I thought Microsoft bypassed all that carrier biz...

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Wait, so that means anyone that is carrier locked will have to wait even further than the end of Feb? I thought Microsoft bypassed all that carrier biz...

Windows Phone 8.1 ---> Windows Mobile 10 still needs carrier approval, beyond that Carriers get builds (finalisedish builds for testing firmware) with Microsoft controlling and sending out O/S updates with firmware updates for unlocked handset. However Carrier locked devices still rely on Carrier approval on firmware, as after all they have to handle the support calls for their phones for example.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Stay tuned to our News Blog. They will shout out all OTA rollouts as they happen by model and country. Our members are great, many spotters will report in on conditions.
http://www.Windows Central.com

Additionally, we have a dedicated thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile/377693-w10m-release-dates-answers-inside.html Check in there for updates.

With 10s of thousands of members and guests coming here daily we unfortunately cannot allow each and every one of them to have their own running thread on this issue.

If you want to have a discussion on this issue, post additional questions, etc... Please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the linked meta-thread. Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99