File manager

anon(9789123)

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I just recently, like 2 weeks ago, joined the Insider slow ring on my Lumia 1520. On WP 8.1 I was using Microsoft's "Files" app for managing my files. But when I updated to W10M, I saw there was now a preinstalled app named "File Explorer" on the phone. I was wondering, which one is better, and has more features and usability? Also, what are your opinions of the two? Thank you!! I haven't been able to find much information on the new File Explorer app, so I don't know if it's good or bad.

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
used "files" on windows phone 8.1 - then once I updated my 640 to Windows 10, "file explorer" was built in (finally MS listened to their user-base) File explorer is pretty neat, given that it has the same approach to menu design etc. I didn't go back to "files", but my opinion on this is to try out both of them and choose the one suits you most.

(I'm not sure if "files' is available for W10M)

anon(9789123)

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Thank you! Files is still there from wp 8.1. I will mess with em both! And yeah, I had said in my review of Files for 8.1 that Microsoft should have a file manager preinstalled to the OS, so it is nice seeing it! Thank you guys, I am still new to Windows phones. I was a die-hard Android, Google Nexus user. Then Google's lack of control of Android, and me being more integrated into MS Office with college made me switch to Windows phone, and I fell in love. Microsoft's mobile offerings are highly underrated!

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Great to know, but am sure you will experience an app gap. Windows mobile is getting there with a very stable set of options like continuum... The foundation of w10m has a lot of potential and the freedom they gave to device manufactures will create more Interesting devices ...

anon(9789123)

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Eh, I don't notice the app gap too badly. I actually prefer the third party YouTube app Metrotube over the actual Google version. The only app I noticed was Facebook. But now that I have Facebook Beta on W10M, I no longer have that problem for it is closer to the Android version. And I have pulled myself fully out of Google's ecosystem and into Microsoft's. I switched to Outlook, switched to OneDrive etc. Windows 10 is pretty cool, and I see it getting much better!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99