Dell 7559 game boot time.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Sorry for my english...
I've a question, i'm going to buy a new dell inspiron 7559 and i want to install a Samsung ssd 850 evo (m2) as described in the guide, one time that i've mounted it i will save all files (music images, apps...) in the HDD but the question is: "if i install a game, the game will be installed in hdd (D partition) with a slow "boot" time? Or to use the speed of the ssd i have to install the game in the ssd?
Thank you very much...

seremify

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for my english...
I've a question, i'm going to buy a new dell inspiron 7559 and i want to install a Samsung ssd 850 evo (m2) as described in the guide, one time that i've mounted it i will save all files (music images, apps...) in the HDD but the question is: "if i install a game, the game will be installed in hdd (D partition) with a slow "boot" time? Or to use the speed of the ssd i have to install the game in the ssd?
Thank you very much...

You need to set the game to install to the SSD if you want to benefit from SSD speed. The tutorial on WindowsCentral is saying you can set Windows to install Windows Store apps to the hard drive (D) by default rather than your SSD (C) however I presume the games you're thinking of are from other sources (e.g. Steam, Origin, GOG) in which case you need to use the respective application or launcher to configure the installation location to be your SSD (C drive) if that's what you want. Note that whilst most games/apps will benefit from being on an SSD, there will be a differing level of benefit/improvement in performance depending on type/nature of game/app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12