Rotation Lock is OFF. Apps run in Landscape Mode. Can't Change.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Apps all run in landscape mode. To be perfectly clear: Rotation Lock is OFF. Turning it on has no effect.

I have tried a phone reset, and restore from backup, but the problem persists.

Friday, February 19th, my phone started the weird behavior of apps running only in landscape mode. Perhaps the date is important, if there was an update affecting this.

Microsoft Lumia 950
Carrier: AT&T
Windows 10 Mobile
Version: 1511
OS build: 10.0.10586.107
Firmware revision number: 01078.0001715454.29031
Hardware revision number: 2.1.3.2

TimmyInPA

May 15, 2014
Visit site
With the help of an app, checked the accelerometer and found the X axis is stuck on 90 degrees, meaning that the accelerometer is broken. Returning to phone carrier for warranty replacement.

asten

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I have the exact same problem on my Lumia 950. Just started today. I am on build 10586.164. All apps start in landscape mode. Rotation lock does not make a difference. Which app did you use to verify that the x or y axis was locked?? I really don't want to return my phone unless it is very neccessary. Any other ideas on how to solve this issue?

TimmyInPA

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't remember the name of the app, but recall searching for "accelerometer".

The problem was with the device itself, and I never could "correct" it with the software, including any OS setting. Since the phone was under warranty, I called AT&T and they sent out a replacement.

Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos