Did Microsoft just disable bios virtualization?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I got real sick and tired of Windows 10's spyware. I have a 2-1 laptop that came with crappy windows 10 (NSA software) installed. I like the way I can flip the keyboard and use my laptop as a tablet.
So, to get around the constant spying, I run Windows 7 in VirtualBox all day long unless I want to use the tablet features.
Everything was working perfect until this morning after Microsoft downloaded a bunch of updates. What are the updates? I have no idea and for the record I turned off every updating feature I could find on the internet. I don't care if Microsoft never updates anything on my computer ever again. I know longer trust Microsoft at all.
All I know is that after noticing that my computer rebooted while I was away and was modifying the system. Since then I can no longer run in machine in VirtualBox. It says that "VT-X is not available". I have Virtualization enabled on my BIOS. It was always running perfect before the updates. I rebooted and double-checked even though I knew it was enabled because I even running Windows 7 in VirtualBox this morning.

What gives? They already made it impossible to dual boot. Yes, I know there's lots of websites that say you can. Trust me, I've tried every single example I could find and every single example I tried corrupted my MBR. Now it looks like they're disabling virtual machines as well!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire