Why does my battery drain when the power shuts down?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why does my battery drain when power"shut down"?

If left on "sleep", it drains down to zero within 24 hours having been fully charged. 4 days ago it was left with power "shut down" but today I found it only 10% charged. Can this be prevented? Does draining to zero damage the battery if left unused for a significant period, eg during a holiday?

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: why does my battery drain when power"shut down"?

Sleep should use some battery, depending on the sleep state, but Shutdown and Hibernate will use no battery.

You don't give a lot of info, but my guess is that it isn't actually going into the state you think it is.....or the battery is faulty.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: why does my battery drain when power"shut down"?

I believe there was a bug with Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 that caused such an issue... I also believe it was patched. If you have one of those devices make sure you have applied all updates. Microsoft finally fixes power woes on Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 | Windows Central

If this is not your issue... We would really need some details. Device? OS version? Does it drain if left plugged into charger?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz