How to install "Xap" files on windows 10 mobile( currently on build 10.0.10586.107)?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I may seem to be foolish that I don`t even know this. But please help.
I am not talking about appxbundle files. Please help, coz my team and i have developed an app and it`s in xap extension, we`ll look after its conversion from xap to appx later.
I tried installing it from the phone itself by using the file explorer app, but it shows that the installation file has some problem and cannot be installed.
If anyone knows, please tell me if there`s any way to deploy these xap files by using my pc? If yes, then which deployment tool" version shall i use?

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
I'd use visual studio to deploy and debug your new app. Connect your phone via USB and change your target device in the standard toolbar. It maybe more convienient to use the emulators to get the obvious bugs first.

You will likely need to enable sideloading or developer mode on the phone first.

William Stovall

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Windows Central Question
I may seem to be foolish that I don`t even know this. But please help.
I am not talking about appxbundle files. Please help, coz my team and i have developed an app and it`s in xap extension, we`ll look after its conversion from xap to appx later.
I tried installing it from the phone itself by using the file explorer app, but it shows that the installation file has some problem and cannot be installed.
If anyone knows, please tell me if there`s any way to deploy these xap files by using my pc? If yes, then which deployment tool" version shall i use?

Windows phone app deployment tool with the Windows phone 8.1 SDK

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12