I recently got the Windows 10 update (maybe a month or so ago). It was immediately evident that Cortana didn't work anymore because my microphone suddenly stopped working. Did a load of research into how to fix it, but the answers are all over the map and nothing worked. Still not working. Unable to use microphone for important Skype business calls.
    My iTunes doesn't work. It recognizes that the iPod is connected but won't allow me to do anything with it. Not even view the library on the iPod.
    Yesterday my external speakers stopped working and it plays sounds thru the laptop speakers. I lucked upon the fact that unpluging the external speaker jack and then plugging it back in gets them running again (this started after the most recent update a day or two ago).

I don't use many functions of my laptop, so I'm sure there's a load more of issues, but even if they are only the issues I have, that's insanity for Windows to release this piece of ____ to the public.

As mentioned earlier, answers are a dime a dozen and seem to mostly be guesses that don't work. Can anyone help me with the issues I've mentioned?
    03-04-2016 08:09 PM
    I recently got the Windows 10 update (maybe a month or so ago). It was immediately evident that Cortana didn't work anymore because my microphone suddenly stopped working. Did a load of research into how to fix it, but the answers are all over the map and nothing worked. Still not working. Unable to use microphone for important Skype business calls.
    My iTunes doesn't work. It recognizes that the iPod is connected but won't allow me to do anything with it. Not even view the library on the iPod.
    Yesterday my external speakers stopped working and it plays sounds thru the laptop speakers. I lucked upon the fact that unpluging the external speaker jack and then plugging it back in gets them running again (this started after the most recent update a day or two ago).

I don't use many functions of my laptop, so I'm sure there's a load more of issues, but even if they are only the issues I have, that's insanity for Windows to release this piece of ____ to the public.

As mentioned earlier, answers are a dime a dozen and seem to mostly be guesses that don't work. Can anyone help me with the issues I've mentioned?
    03-06-2016 07:42 PM
    Odd. One of my posts shows as a guest and another shows as a registered user. Interesting.

Bump for help to original question?
    03-06-2016 08:27 PM
    Have you tried "Reset this Pc" after windows 10 upgrade..?
    03-07-2016 04:23 AM