What to spend my $40 on in the Store???

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I took advantage of that deal to renew my Groove Music Pass and it came with a Store giftcard. Well, I've got about $40 left and it expires at the end of March. I already have Groove Pass, so no need to buy music. I don't watch TV/Movies on my phone, so I guess it's apps.

* I've already spent $$ on CoPilot USA for GPS. I'm still using Waze, so if another GPS has live traffic rerouting, I'd be interested.
* I don't typically play games on my phone, but again...I'd be open to it.
* I have a couple of premium Twitter apps.
* I have paid for photo editing (Fhotoroom and Fanstasia)

I'm sure I'm not the only one who took advantage of that offer. What apps are people spending $$$ on??

I am on Windows 10 with my Lumia 950. My "old" 1020 is also running Windows 10.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It should be good for Desktop Apps and Xbox as well.

Prune is a super classy puzzle game that is also very soothing and zen. That will knock out $3.99 and it is UWP.

Knock Knock is a cool creepfest of a game. UWP. $4.49.

NOAA Hi-Def Radar s also UWP (works in US only, I'm afraid) $1.99. I find it super aweson=me to have the Live Tile on phone and desktop Start.

That's $10.47 off the top of my head.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Originally posted by RumoredNow
It should be good for Desktop Apps and Xbox as well.

Prune is a super classy puzzle game that is also very soothing and zen. That will knock out $3.99 and it is UWP.

Knock Knock is a cool creepfest of a game. UWP. $4.49.

NOAA Hi-Def Radar s also UWP (works in US only, I'm afraid) $1.99. I find it super aweson=me to have the Live Tile on phone and desktop Start.

That's $10.47 off the top of my head.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I remember Prune being reviewed. I'll check that out.
With NOAA, you get weather radar on a live tile?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
With NOAA, you get weather radar on a live tile?

Yep. The Live Tile will follow your location. Nice on phone when traveling.

Also works on desktop. If you travel with tablet or laptop.

Here's the tile on PC:

Capture01.png

You get a snapshot of the last updated static image on the tile no matter which device...

Inside the App you can have locations stored for quick reference and a customizable loop of up to 7 frames with times between frames up to 1 hour. You can also control the loop speed on a slider. (I go for 7 frames, 10 minutes apart, medium fast scroll - I live in tornado alley and I want to see things developing when needed.) Inside the App you can scroll and zoom all over as you see fit.

Capture02.png

I've used it on or am still using it on:
  • Windows 8.1
  • Windows 10
  • Windows RT 8.1
  • Windows Phone 8.1
  • Windows 10 Mobile
Paid for it exactly once. Great bargain. IMHO, one of the best kept App "secrets" on our platform.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos