How do I run a console session as an administrator?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

how to run a console session as an administrator

explorer.exe is missing. I've checked the Windows folder and system32.
when I try to run an sfc/scannow in the command prompt, I get the message
you must be an administrator running a console session

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: how to run a console session as an administrator

does right clicking on the start menu button bring up a menu for you? if so, there is usually an entry which says "Command Prompt (Admin)"

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: how to run a console session as an administrator

Capture01.png

AliceHoag

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem (after having done a "PC Tuneup" which messed up my registry), but have no access in my Windows 10 to the Start button! I have no access to ANYTHING except through my Recycle Bin (!!!) through which I have found how to get the command prompt. So I'm trying to figure out how to fix the registry/fix Windows 10/fix whatever happened! But I certainly have no access to my start button, system settings, clock functions, or most of my programs installed on the computer. I'm unable to "run without using the registry", so cannot even access my Carbonite backup!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Wow Hi Alice. Wondering what "PC Tuneup" program you ran on your PC. Sounds like it really did a number on your PC. You don't need those programs to keep W10 maintained. I'm going to recommend a clean install, which will lose some stuff, but it you have a back up on Carbonite, you should be good to go. You may get more replies from other members! :wink: Let me know how things go for you! good luck! Here's link from Windows Central!
How to do a clean installation of Windows 10 | Windows Central

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss