Can't login screen is black with mouse how to fix?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Two days ago I was trying to do a restore my computer to a precious point when I did it it said the restore wasn't successful since I still has my anti-virus active I turned off my computer of with power button to do the restore through safe mode instead this weird page of errors came up. I turned off my computer turned it back on it gave the option to do start up repair after it finished it fixed the original problem, but now instead of seeing my windows 7 login screen I see a black screen with only mouse arrow. I researched the Web for what this is and how to fix it, when I try safe mode it has the black screen as well. I then went on to my system recovery options that were already preinstalled and tried to restore from there, but it says there's no restore points. I just bought a windows 7 repair disk that should be coming in this week, will using a actual disk make a difference when I already had system recovery options already preinstalled to my computer, I'm hoping having the actual repair cd will fix the problem so hopefully I can access restore point through it, can someone confirm if this will help or not and any advice they can give for helping me with this issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett