Windows 10 Mobile Lock Screen Backround

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I recently loaded Windows 10 Mobile on my Lumia 920, and it looks like the option to use an app for your lock screen background has been removed in the update from 8.1 to 10.

For example, one of the core features of Windows Phone 8.1 that I really like and use constantly is having the Weather app set as my lock screen background to show current conditions and a three day forecast. In Windows 10 mobile it seems as though it is only possible to use a static photo for the lock screen background, and you cannot give an app control of the background.

Was this functionality really removed, or am I missing something?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
No, this functionality was not removed. You can still set apps to provide lock screen background images. However, the MSN Weather (or just "Weather") app for W10M is not among those apps that can provide such function. Note, however, that even if you can set other apps to be the lock screen background image provider, they will not appear in the Glance screen just yet - not until future developments are made.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786