Why is Spotify so slow on my Windows Phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Spotify is SOOOOO SLOOOOOW on my new Windows Phone,

Spotify worked great on my old windows phone but now it takes almost 2 minutes to open, another 2 minutes for playlists to load and forget about switching playlists-most of the time it just kicks me out completely. I have un-installed and re-installed Spotify about 19 times. I have an SD card on this phone is that some how messing things up? I am so bummed, this is my #1 used app and I am really hating paying every month for premium if I can't even get it to work on my phone...any thoughts?

bichaels

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: Spotify is SOOOOO SLOOOOOW on my new Windows Phone,

What phones are you comparing? It was slow on my old 1020 but reducing number of playlists helped make it at least useable. Plenty fast on my 1520.

KKerickson

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I have a 640 XL, my old phone was a 920...It is terrible on my new phone, if it does actually open then I have to make sure that I listen in order no more jumping around between playlists or searching my artists because it either freezes up or completely shuts down and totally unable to browse other stuff, that shuts it down ASAP.
The only difference I can think of is my new phone has a sd card because the memory was so small compared to my old phone. Otherwise it is the same platform so I don't get it!
I talked to spotify, they said to un-install the app and then re-install...I have done that so many times I have lost count.

bichaels

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: Spotify is SOOOOO SLOOOOOW on my new Windows Phone,

Yeah I would expect it to be faster on the 640 than the 920 based on my experience. Try moving the app to internal storage if not already? If you have lots of playlists try making a light dummy account to test if it works better. I had similar problems on my 1020 and greatly trimming down playlists helped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss