Glance screen and automatic brightness not working

tariqsaad16

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Since i installed WM10 preview on my lumia 640 xl glance and automatic brightness stopped working. Now after windows mobile release today I am waiting for any update for glance screen app and automatic brightness. Any work around guys please help me.

Slobodan Gogic

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
After being on Fast ring for about a year (extensive testing, restarting phone, trying (RIP) Astoria and other new stuff on WP10 and Lumia 1520 I finally managed today to revert it to 8.1. Why? Well because in one of DEV builds, something went horribly wrong. I have lost Glance, Hey Cortana and USB connection to PC (and no, it wasn't the cables, drivers or hardware issue - it was Windows Phone 10 that broke all that). It was broken to the point where I haven't been able to revert to WP 8.1 since computer and WDRT couldn't detect my phone. It was plaguing me for the last couple of builds. I had hopes in release build, which I have found out that I already had being on Insider Fast Ring. After some CRAZY messing around, I managed to revert the phone to 8.1 and all of the sudden all the stuff that were broken are working now (USB, Hey Cortana, Glance and God knows what else that was broken).
So yeah, this probably will not help you with Glance issue (which I doubt its isolated case since I had the same issue on Nokia Lumia 1520), which probably will be fixed in next couple of patches. Until then, I am staying on 8.1 and keeping my Automatic updates turned off...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes