Windows 10 Update in Lumia 540 cannot be completed

Haree Bee

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I followed the steps for upgrading to Windows 10 but the update status is freezing at 8% everytime I make a move for an update. I don't think its network problem because the connection I have is pretty fast. Help expected.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I followed the steps for upgrading to Windows 10 but the update status is freezing at 8% everytime I make a move for an update. I don't think its network problem because the connection I have is pretty fast. Help expected.

does the update ends with an error -or- you simply switch off the INTERNET connection when it freezes?

there no means of actually finding out it has frozen, keep the phone aside while it downloads , you might feel it has frozen but things are happening in the foreground :)

Haree Bee

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
does the update ends with an error -or- you simply switch off the INTERNET connection when it freezes?

there no means of actually finding out it has frozen, keep the phone aside while it downloads , you might feel it has frozen but things are happening in the foreground :)

No errors. It comes to 8% everytime and then nothing changes. I waited for about 30 minutes and all I got was nothing but losing 1GB data with nothing much downloaded. :| That's why I had a doubt.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
No errors. It comes to 8% everytime and then nothing changes. I waited for about 30 minutes and all I got was nothing but losing 1GB data with nothing much downloaded. :| That's why I had a doubt.

well then if your pretty sure about this, you could go for a hard reset and upgrading again. :)
updates do seem to be stuck at times but they are actually active in the background, thats what i have noticed multiple times. :)

albert-l730

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
My friends 540 was interrupted by a phone call and it got stuck and the progress bar didn't move for an hour and meanwhile my phone's update was complete(730) we performed a hard reset and again downloaded the advisor app but now its showing no update at all.
Plz help us

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss