How is the lifeline of Windows phone?

tarunrajj

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
My dad's 1 year old android phone is dying and he doesn't like to change phones frequently. So I wanted to know how long windows phone can survive??

alinauman97

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I've had a Lumia 520, for the past 2 years and 9 months. For basic use, it still works well. I wasn't very careful with it so there are some hardware related issues in it, but otherwise it's fine.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone is known for running seamlessly even with 512MB of RAM for years. It will never hang or behave sluggishly like Android after a few months. Freezes are rare and can be solved by simply restarting the phone. Which means the power button still works even when the phone freezes unlike Android phones which need a battery removal. Moreover, some people still use WP7 phones. WP guarantees a great usage experience to all kinds of users.

Nam Long

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Smooth on 8.0 and 8.1 . But since the W10M came , nothing is really smooth now . So for even the basic tasks on W10M , I strongly suggest a 1 GB RAM phone .
Or if your dad is familiar with android , get another android .

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That varies a lot.

Some people's phones last a while, some eventually die.

Windows Phone is a platform, and the only generalization you can make is updates, which doesn't directly mean how long the components will last.

If anything, I would choose a device that's not-too-hard to repair and go from there.

I have a 15-ish year-old Palm PDA on my desk and it is still as usable as it was back then. (albeit technology has moved on without it.) At this moment my main phone is a 5-year-old Palm Pre 2. My sister only recently upgraded from her 4-year-old iPhone 4 which still works well. And there's a Lumia 521 pushing 3 years on my desk that hasn't shown signs of slowing down either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720