(Haven't seen this query yet) Can you connect to your Wi-Fi/Cellular Data on this Redstone build?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I had so many problems when I tried updating to a Redstone build (first time was when MS released the first Redstone build for mobile, second is for 14291).

These problems persisted throughout the 2 RS builds I tried:

1. Cannot connect to Wi-Fi network. I had to restart my 950 XL so I can connect to the Wi-Fi. When I turn it off and try to connect, the latter problem persists.

2. Cannot connect to Cellular Data. Phone freezes when I try to.

3. Cannot send/receive SMS messages

4. There were problems during the installation process (kind of freezes during the migration process)

5. Some apps do not work (Weather, Groove, Photos, etc.)

I was kind of wondering if these problems are in build 14295...

kioshi13

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I am also having same issue with my Lumia 640. Phone reboots when ever I'm not connected to wi-Fi and I try to text or call. Glance screen and other core windows phone apps are broken. Haven't found fix yet. Resetting does nothing. And the recovery tool says my phone is not a phone it recognizes.

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey, I originally made this post and I have an update (lol)

I switched to the Slow Ring and then earlier MS released 14295 for that branch so I opted to update my phone. I ensured that the internet connection was very good while downloading and installing the update.

After the update, my phone was working pretty fine. I even tried restarting it to see if it would go back to being a brick (cannot connect to wi-fi, cannot receive SMS etc.) and miraculously it didn't.

However, after 3 or 4 hours, I restarted my phone again for some reason. After it booted again, the same old problems were there again... Will I ever be stuck on build 10586.164 forever? -_-

(Btw, I tried resetting my phone.)

UPDATE 1. Well, it worked again after I reset it. However, there was this prompt telling me to restart my phone for the SIM settings and whatnot. Although I was against doing so, I still did it because it'll just annoy me. Alas, after restarting it, my phone became a brick again

Last edited:

Horvath Gyorgy1

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I am also having same issue with my Lumia 640. Phone reboots when ever I'm not connected to wi-Fi and I try to text or call. Glance screen and other core windows phone apps are broken. Haven't found fix yet. Resetting does nothing. And the recovery tool says my phone is not a phone it recognizes.
No such problem reported by Lumia 640 owners on the non-insider version .218 Personally my Lumia 640 works perfectly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)