I want to return my 0n trial laptop but want to decom.it.
    03-31-2016 03:51 AM
    Please join and specify what laptop you have in this thread along with what operating system it is running.

It is recommended to use the built-in recovery partition in order to restore your laptop to the factory settings as opposed to using the built-in tools in the settings.

However, if you are using Windows 10 the built-in tools in the settings should work just fine (albeit with any built-in recovery tools to restore factory settings you have the usual caveats as if any one really wanted to they could recover any deleted data using forensic tools but such occurrences I imagine are pretty darn rare).

Settings -> Recovery -> Reset this PC -> Remove Everything.
    Please join and specify what laptop you have in this thread along with what operating system it is running.

It is recommended to use the built-in recovery partition in order to restore your laptop to the factory settings as opposed to using the built-in tools in the settings.

However, if you are using Windows 10 the built-in tools in the settings should work just fine (albeit with any built-in recovery tools to restore factory settings you have the usual caveats as if any one really wanted to they could recover any deleted data using forensic tools but such occurrences I imagine are pretty darn rare).

Settings -> Recovery -> Reset this PC -> Remove Everything.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-31-2016 04:17 AM