How to tell if enrolled in Windows Insider Program?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello,

I thought I was already enrolled in the Windows Insider Program (Slow Ring), but I have not been able to receive the latest update on my Lumia 950 (released yesterday)

I checked Windows Insider App, and it asks me if I want to "Get preview builds", did it used to specify which ring I was enrolled in? I did try (twice) to re-enroll in the Slow Ring, but every time my device resets, I still get the same "Get preview builds" option (and my device still cannot see the latest update)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
re:

The Ring factory made a lot of users confusing.
The 10586 threshold update is for:

1 - all not insiders Window10 eligible phone
2 - all Release Preview insiders for not eligible phones
3 - NOT for already Redstone slow and fast ring. (threshold is inferior than Redstone)

Who got the Fast and Slow Ring is in the Redstone build, NOT threshold. Did you noticed build # is inferior? :)

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
re:

Hi, the build released yesterday was to the 'Release Preview' ring and was part of the Threshold builds (10586).
You may want to check what version build you are on, as the 'slow ring' is pointing to the Redstone builds which you may be on.

If you want to give more info or need further help, you should join the forum so that you can reply to this thread.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
re:

To the OP, the only way I have found is just setting the app again to the ring you want, because the app indeed doesn't show you the ring you're on when you open it.

So if anyone knows a way to check without selecting a specific ring, please post.

schemp98

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
re:

Open Windows Insider app > press the ... bottom right of screen and click about
It will tell you Preview builds: and the ring you are in.

Thanks charalatan1978! (I'm the OP, didn't realize I wasn't logged in when I posted the question) That was what I was looking for... Apparently it doesn't look like I get at the update yet, which is unfortunate because my phone has been on life support after the last update in March causes my Lumia 950 to crash/reboot randomly

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
re:

Thanks charalatan1978! (I'm the OP, didn't realize I wasn't logged in when I posted the question) That was what I was looking for... Apparently it doesn't look like I get at the update yet, which is unfortunate because my phone has been on life support after the last update in March causes my Lumia 950 to crash/reboot randomly
What build are you currently running? (Settings > System > About > More info - OS Build: ?)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon