Lumia 1320 - WIFI on and sound via bluetooth leads to sound interruptions

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

On my Lumia 1320 I simply can't use WIFI and BLUETOOTH the same time, because of sound interruptions. When I stream video from WIFI and connect AudioSystem via cable, it works. When I stream video from GSM mobile connection and connect AudioSystem via BLUETOOTH, it works. But in case of streaming via WIFI and have connected AudioSystem via BLUETOOTH, after about 10 minutes the sound started to interrupt. Maybe system turn on some power saving regime or started do some tasks on background, but I can't use my phone this way.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
There are two reasons for this issue that spring to mind. Firstly, it could be that your devices have some issue with communicating to each other due to driver squabbles, as the Bluetooth and WiFi systems work hand in hand (unlike the GSM system). Of course, the only way to address this on a phone is to make sure the OS and firmware are up to date (as always, a hard reset might help, but is a pain of course) and to update the firmware of the client device if possible. You can test for this type of issue by trying other BT audio devices. The other thought is that your device should have two WiFi aerials (N300) and these are also used for Bluetooth provision. If one of these internal aerials has come adrift, devices tend to resort to punting both Bluetooth and WiFi down the same aerial. This can and does cause just the issues you mention, and will impact WiFi speed badly as well. Best of luck, I hope you find a solution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs