Microsoft Windows hijacked and my computer crashed

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

A Microsoft windows thing poppedwith a number saying that I need to call them immediately that I had a virus or something called them up and they told me that it was going to cost me $100 to remove virous they went down to $70 and wanted to get themoney imedeatly out of my account and they couldnt because i didnt have it and then they got upset enough that they threaten to crash my computerand all thesoft wear onit ifi didnt answer thier call anyways talmedto afriend about it and he said sounds scam don't pay themdo I listen to him good day trying to restore my computer and then went to 22% for 2 hours I'm like stuck here for 2 hours and now it won't boot up again can you please help

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
[INFO]Microsoft and other computing/software companies NEVER contacts customers out of the blue to "advise" them about needing to help clean their computer of infection. This is 100% ALWAYS A SCAM no matter the contact method or who they state they represent.[/INFO]

Sorry about your system infection.

Hopefully, they did not get too much info.. However, you did let them onto your system? If yes, you need to take that seriously and get assistance.

If you gave them account or card information, ALERT YOUR BANK. This is information they can do continuing damage with.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz