Outlook Mail - Emails staying in outbox

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello everyone,

I have recently upgraded my Lumia 830 to Win 10 (OS Build: 10.0.10586.218) and I am using Outlook Mail (Version: 17.6769.40792.0).

I have setup 5 acounts:
1 Exchange
1 Gmail
1 Hotmail
1 POP3
1 IMAP

Problem is that whichever of the above I use, when I want to send an email, the item is stuck in the outbox folder for way too long. Many of the items are kept there for days and might never be sent away. Some others, stay there for a few hours or even a day. Very strange.

The emails I try to send are plain text, simple sentences. I have also verified my account (saying that because I found a similar forum post somewhere) with my mobile phone.

Any idea what I can do to overcome the problem? As it is right now it seems as if I do not have emails...

Thank you in advance.

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
Which accounts have you verified? All of them?
Look into Settings, Accounts, Email Accounts. Tap each of your accounts and see what is the sync setting. Any of them on "manual"? And scroll down, see that Email sync is turned on.

mrsaat

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your reply.
I cannot verify all of the accounts with the mobile phone because this not supported by all accounts.
(I cannot understand though, why this might cause problems - if that is the case)

None of the accounts are set manually, and all of them has Email sync ON.

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
With manually I mean manual sync in the sync frequency.
With hanging email in outbox, for troubleshooting, can you clear / delete all mail pending to be sent in your Outbox? It's easier to start with an empty Outbox and a good internet connection.
Starting with Hotmail, try to send a few test email. See if it is sent immediately.
Next do the same with Gmail.
The reason I do these 2 first is they are not likely to be misconfigured, especially with auto config. If there is an error, it would most likely log-in error due to password error OR enabling 2 factor authentication.
If thise two are clear, then do the same for the POP3 then the IMAP account. Do your Exchange account last. Hopefully you can isolate which account is the troublemaker.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99