App for windows 10 and wp10 for virtual reality transfer video to wp10 device from pc via usb or ev

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

App for windows 10 and wp10 for virtual reality transfer video to wp10 device from pc via usb or even wireless?Why microsoft dont make app for virtual reality, example project pc screen to windows phone device? If could share phone screen to pc desktop via usb why shouldn't from pc to phone?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Why would someone want to put their PC screen on their phone? It would be tiny and squashed. If you really want to do that, use the Remote Desktop app.

This is nothing to do with VR either... Microsoft has a VR solution - HoloLens.

jasonhbartlett

May 4, 2016
Visit site
I don't think this idea of "PC to Phone" should be so quickly dismissed and here is my reason. Today we are seeing a lot of "3D VR Glasses" on the market and they are relatively cheap. What I'm talking about are the 3D VR Glasses that use your phone to give you a VR type experience. And one of these experiences they advertise is (taken directly from one of these on Amazon):
"[3D Cinematic Experience] Immersive, premium quality, entertaining. Smartphone turned into virtual reality viewer. Enjoy your own portable cinema more convenient than 3D viewing glasses and better than Google cardboard. Revel into the world of VR. Watch 3D movies and play games while siting, standing, lying on the porch, at home, office, travel, beach, airplane. 360 virtual experience."

So here I am, and I'm considering buying a 27-inch HD monitor for about $200. And if I'm a power user and do a lot of video rendering or 3D modeling I want as much screen space as I can get and 27 inches isn't really even enough. So I look at those 3D VR Glasses and I have my phone and I wonder, what if I could have that "immersive" "cinematic" experience for my PC instead of that static 27-inch monitor? I don't think that sounds totally unreasonable. Especially as the 3D VR headset is only about $30 on Amazon.

So, I know there are major tasks that would have to be worked by someone on this. The 2 main tasks being:
1. A way to project your PC video output to an app on the phone. Honestly a poor mans way to do this would be to use twitch to live screencast your PC session and then pull up the twitch app on your phone to view it. Obviously this isn't ideal but it's a proof of concept that the technology exists to do this.
2. A wrapper app (or addon to that twitch app) that translates the stream into the 3D view that works with those stereoscopic lenses in the 3D VR headsets.

Anyhow, just some thoughts. I am super excited about the HoloLens but I don't have 3K to buy the Dev kit and even when it finally makes it to the broad consumer market, I'm sure it won't be cheap. I just don't think the idea of "PC to Phone" should be so quickly dismissed. At least as long are there are still heavy lifting type of applications that will never be able to run on just a phone, then at least let me use my phone as a possible place to view my PC using a low cost VR headset. Maybe?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon