Australian Apps?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Does Windows 10 have an app for Melbourne Australia's train time tables?. I currently use Melbourne Transit on my windows Lumia 640 with 8.1 but can't find it or any other Melbourne trains apps on windows 10

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Try Metro Notify :) btw if you connect the same MS account you have on the 640 to whatever device you're using with w10, you can head into the store > my library and scroll through your apps. If it's there you can download it to the new device

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
The built in Maps app has Melbourne tram timetable data. If you ask for directions between two places and choose the 'transit' option you will get tram results with scheduling details.

Here Transit also had the data but I think it is unavailable now. It was nice in that it had a few different views, like a timetable for nearby stops rather than requiring you to search for a specific route.

scat01

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, but looking up time tables through maps seems a very slow way of doing it. Android and IOS have proper apps where you can save your favourite stops, select them and see the time tables.
Another question I have is, if I have the app working on windows 8.1, will it work when I upgrade to windows 10? I ask this because I can't find the app in the windows 10 store when I'm on my computer

scat01

May 6, 2016
Visit site
thanks for the advice. I tried to do this on my laptop which is running windows 10 and the app I need on my phone is under the heading "doesn't work on this device". Does that mean the app won't work on my phone when I upgrade to windows 10?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Does that mean the app won't work on my phone when I upgrade to windows 10

It said that because the app isn't programmed to run on laptops, it will still work on your phone. If the app was universally coded it would run on both devices, but clearly it isn't or it simply requires certain sensors your laptop does not posses

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12