Lumia 930 getting hot in standby.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Since updating to Windows 10 my Lumia 930 gets hot when idle and barely charges. I have soft reset numerous times and also hard factory reset 6 or more times, and while I might get a day of normal use without issue, it reverts to an almost unusable phone. I have turned off all background app processors and installed very few apps. Getting very frustrated. Worked perfect with Windows 8.1.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Since updating to Windows 10 my Lumia 930 gets hot when idle and barely charges. I have soft reset numerous times and also hard factory reset 6 or more times, and while I might get a day of normal use without issue, it reverts to an almost unusable phone. I have turned off all background app processors and installed very few apps. Getting very frustrated. Worked perfect with Windows 8.1.

Standard check list:

1 - log out Video Skype
2 - disable Onedrive video upload
3 - disable in Photos "Show pics on OneDrive"
4 - in Edge disable Sync
5 - in Messages, put Sync in One Month
6 . in Settings -> Diagnostic, set feddback data to BASE (important)
7 - in Settings, Background, disable ALL apps you dont'use (don't touch Messages, Phone, Filter, Updates. Alarms, Calendar)

That' like a brand new windows laptop just out of the box

Vlatko Stojanovski

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site

It's a software issue. I have owned a 930 for two years, until two days ago and have been on the Insider program for almost as much. All I can tell you it all depends on the build. The last build from the Redstone branch didn't have that issue for me, while the one before that had it hot on standby, with all apps closed, airplane mode and so on. I have also noticed this all the time while on insider builds, some have that issue, some don't. You can do the check Maurizio Troso recommended, just to make sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon