Disk Usage constantly at 100?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Disk Usage constantly at 100%

The disk usage on my PC is almost always at 100%, even with no programs running. I've disabled prefetch and superfetch, but to no avail. I also tried uninstalling skype and tweaking my chrome settings like a lot of other forums suggested to do.

This is extremely frustrating as whenever I try to do anything my computer locks up.\

Thanks for the help!

Specs:

Intel i5 4460 3.2Ghz
8GB RAM
7200RPM 1TB HDD

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Disk Usage constantly at 100%

The disk usage on my PC is almost always at 100%, even with no programs running. I've disabled prefetch and superfetch, but to no avail. I also tried uninstalling skype and tweaking my chrome settings like a lot of other forums suggested to do.

This is extremely frustrating as whenever I try to do anything my computer locks up.\

Thanks for the help!

Specs:

Intel i5 4460 3.2Ghz
8GB RAM
7200RPM 1TB HDD

Did you check WHAT program is using disk , in task manager?

Did you disabled disk indexing?
That' could we WIndows defender or your antivirus using a default daily planned scan ?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Disk Usage constantly at 100%

It may be OneDrive. I recently had this issue after an update and traced it to OneDrive trying to upload my C:\Users\<my name> to the cloud (so basically 95% of my HDD).

Check your OneDrive folder and make sure that it isn't doing that. If you find C:\Users\<your name> inside OneDrive, simply delete the folder from that location.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte