How to I Fix OneDrive for Business When It is Stuck Constantly Syncing 1 File?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi.

I currently have two computers syncing using OneDrive for Business. It's mostly been working fine, but for the past couple of weeks, both have always have 1 file syncing.

Possibly as a result of the constant syncing, I cannot run "Repair." When I do, the repair window says "Pausing sync - In Progress," and never progresses to the next step no matter how long I wait. Weirdly, if I pause syncing first, when the repair window opens, it _starts_ the syncing again, and remains stuck in the the same "Pausing sync" dialog.

I've tried every combination of pausing, "Sync Now," exiting, restarting, rebooting, and repairing I can think of with no luck. Neither computer has any OneDrive document open. Both have been rebooted repeatedly, and I've ensured Office/ODFB are up to date. Neither computer reports any sync errors. Both computers are using fully updated Office 2016 (thouh I think different editions). I?ve searched MS support and the web in general, with no luck. I have not tried deleting and re-adding the library because I?m not sure of the consequences, particularly with unsynced files on one or both sides.

Any suggestions on how to get out of this, repair my sync, or even find out what file it is stuck on? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

Best,
J

p.s. Minor change: after two weeks like this, one of the machines is now stuck with 3 files to sync instead of 1, but is otherwise behaving exactly the same.
p.p.s. A number of my folders are shared with other people, but I believe they all only use the web to access them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte