product key

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Product key for vaio sony windows 10 free upgrade.. i downloaded the free windows 10 a few months ago and now my vaio sony laptop is asking me for a product key how do i find it or get it?? my computer wont let me do anything else

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Product key for vaio sony windows 10 free upgrade.. i downloaded the free windows 10 a few months ago and now my vaio sony laptop is asking me for a product key how do i find it or get it?? my computer wont let me do anything else

did you have a genuine windows license before you upgraded?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

PNvmkpk

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
There should be one under the laptop or embedded in the bios. If it were embedded in the bios then it wouldn't have asked for it anyway.
When you find your key:
  1. Hold down Windows key and press R.
  2. Type in slui 3 and hit enter.
  3. Enter the product key and follow the prompts.
  4. Once this is done it should be activated.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Did you make significant changes to hardware, especially new motherboard, cpu, etc. that could have changed the "identity" of the computer?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720