My Lumia 532 takes 3 hours 15 to charge (from sizzling charger, not usb). Is this normal?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

-And the last 1 % from 99 to 100 takes 25 min.

(before this one I had another but I did an exchange for an issue of dead pixels, on it I was wondering if it was normal that it never passes through 99 % because it was going straight from 96% to 100 or 98 to 100%...)

-Also, it drops to 99% after just about 10 min. after being unplugged / no activity on the phone, 98% after 20 minutes and 93% after 1 hour 10 (still no activity), can that be normal?

If someone could help me with that check list, I'd be glad

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
-And the last 1 % from 99 to 100 takes 25 min.

(before this one I had another but I did an exchange for an issue of dead pixels, on it I was wondering if it was normal that it never passes through 99 % because it was going straight from 96% to 100 or 98 to 100%...)

-Also, it drops to 99% after just about 10 min. after being unplugged / no activity on the phone, 98% after 20 minutes and 93% after 1 hour 10 (still no activity), can that be normal?

If someone could help me with that check list, I'd be glad

even if there's no visible activity you're seeing, the processor is still running, the SIM is still receiving signals, if location is on, location is regularly accessed and such. That smal drain is to be expected.

What service are on?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Razouly

May 9, 2016
Visit site
There is no heavy background application and no update. Maybe 2 or 3 at <1% background, so 3 % within 7 minutes, It may be normal but...
And for the 3 hours 15 of charging and the 1% thing, what do you think of that? I don't have any experience with smartphone....

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
There is no heavy background application and no update. Maybe 2 or 3 at <1% background, so 3 % within 7 minutes, It may be normal but...
And for the 3 hours 15 of charging and the 1% thing, what do you think of that? I don't have any experience with smartphone....

what are you using to charge the phone? The original charger or something else? I wasn't able to get what sizzling charger meant

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes I use the original charger and I meant that this charger is noisy (sizzling, crackling). But some people told me that this noise could be normal..

I think that the charger is faulty if it's making that kind of noise. Try a different charger and see if that helps. Faulty chargers can also cause problems for the battery

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos