Lumia 930 with Windows 10, surround recording

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello! Using the default camera app, I don't see settings for surround recording. It's activated allready or this app doesn't support this feature?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello! Using the default camera app, I don't see settings for surround recording. It's activated allready or this app doesn't support this feature?

by surround sound, do you mean stereo? You can check by doing a test video and then checking properties from file manager app

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Krisztian1247

May 11, 2016
Visit site
I don't know if surround=stereo. I know that Lumia Camera have this option (Surround on/off). I know that lumia 930 have 4 mics and 5.1 audio channel. Is this compatible with Microsoft Camera from Windows 10?

omerfbingol

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
I have the same question. I started using a Lumia 830, and it has Dolby 5.1 surround recording on the original Nokia/Lumia Camera app (8.1)
But after W10, Camera app only records mono audio. And Lumia Camera Beta app records in stereo. If you enable it, LCB can also record in 5.1 surround although, the video file outputs are a little weird. They come with additional .TNL files. The video file has 2 different audio tracks, 1 as a 2.1 stereo and 1 as a 2.0 stereo. You choose between them when playing on a PC (as if they were different language audio tracks). I didn't check this with the W8.1 videos but isn't it supposed to mix the 3 mics (for the L830) into a single 5.1 surround audio track?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans