Who do Microsoft talk to and are they serious about Windows Phone ?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Windows Central Question

I'm just curious as to who Microsoft actually talk to when they look to build phones ?

If Microsoft actually care what people think about Windows Phone and actually wants to be a serious player then please read on. If they don't then you can stop reading now.

In the mobile phone space Microsoft are far from dominant and should look across all phones for comment and what might make people switch to WP. I don't mean plagiarising IP or anything like that. And they are fools if they think they can capitalise on Windows (desktop) and tell people what they want, they are too late to the game for that and they haven't done anything game changing that I can see. As dominant as Microsoft is on the desktop as many people hate is as like it and use it because there isn?t anything else, certainly not within the business space.

When you are the minority player in the game you kind of need to look at what everyone else is doing (the bread and butter stuff). I mean (as an example) Bluetooth support was almost an afterthought when it should have been fully standard from the word go (My Lumia 930 still doesn?t work with my Garmin)

And why don?t they market the damned thing. I mean really the number of people I run into that still don?t know about Windows Phone it?s just silly.
There is some rumour (I?m not sure how true) that they are gonna use Intel chips in the new surface phone. That?s an accident waiting to happen. Intel taking on Qualcomm, Really! I?ll take on Lewis Hamilton on my push bike. Unless they know something I don?t they are gonna screw it up royally.

And don?t get me started on apps. I mean Visual Studio is bar none the best app development suite measured against iOS and Android/Eclipse (urggh!) they seem like a joke. But yet 9 times out 10 you can get an app for iOS and Android but nothing for Windows Phone. What?s that all about.

I write apps for Window phone and yet no one is interested, even if I offer free development.

I really don?t care what Microsoft does I just wish they would either put up or shut up. Satya and Panos should pull their flipping sock up or get the hell out of the game, they certainly need to stop messing about, hell I reckon I could even do a better job with WP. And there are people way better than me I am sure so let them have a punt, they couldn?t do any worse.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I think you should direct your concerns to Microsoft, as they are the guys with potential answers to your concerns, especially as a developer.

Windows Central is not affiliated to Microsoft in any way, shape or form.

There is a developers thread in the forums, and you may find like minded developers in there.

At present, MSFT, have taken a back seat with regards to Mobile. Apparently, this is to remain so until 2017. They way in which they interpret the future is a complete range of devices under the Windows 10 umbrella, rather than a name for this, and a name for that. Phone is alleged to being joining the surface group of devices.

Are your apps UWP / UWA? If so, you would also have access to the desktop market.

I understand your concerns, and you have voiced them well, but this thread is for those who require help with their questions.

Why not join the forum and share your views with others?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
According to this advice: http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/292973-who-should-post-ask-question-forum.html, our Ask a Question forum is designed for members and guests to receive fast help when faced with technical issues that are keeping their device from functioning properly.

What you are asking is something that leads into a prolonged discussion.

Furthermore, unregistered guests may not post replies. There is no way for you to participate in the discussion that you set up. IMHO, that removes much of the value in it for yourself and others.

If you wish to have a serious discussion on this topic, I would urge you to join the site and post your inquiry in a more suitable forum. In this instance, I would recommend General Windows Phone Discussion Lounge - Windows Central Forums.

Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

As the thread is outside the scope and mandate of AaQ and you are unable to post replies to facilitate the conversation, this thread will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)