Lumia 950XL won't charge or connect to USB

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My 950XL has stopped connecting to any USB-C connection whether it's to a wall charger or PC port. It won't identify any connection when I plug the USB-C port to anything.

The only way I can charge it is if I turn the phone off, then connect to a charger. Only then, will the phone start charging and automatically turn on. Anyone else had this issue?

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Windows Central Question
My 950XL has stopped connecting to any USB-C connection whether it's to a wall charger or PC port. It won't identify any connection when I plug the USB-C port to anything.

The only way I can charge it is if I turn the phone off, then connect to a charger. Only then, will the phone start charging and automatically turn on. Anyone else had this issue?

Mine had charging issues the other day. It would show charging although the charger was unplugged at the wall, it wouldn't charge when plugged in to a 'live' charger. I ended up hard resetting and all was good.
I also ensured that I used the original charge as they do have a higher ampage output. Since then, all good. I also ended up putting a 2.1 amp usb outlet in the car

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett