Windows 10 device not booting

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron N5100 and it originally came with Windows 7 and it worked great. Last year I upgraded the device to Windows 10 and till few days back it worked very smoothly and there were no issues. Suddenly it hanged and when i restarted the device it just gets stuck on the Windows logo and doesn't boot up completely. I have the original Windows 7 bootable CD and drivers CD. Please can someone help me on how to fix my laptop so that it works again? Thank you and take care.

Arend Soetemans

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
i found this on a dell forum, this solution was meant for windows 8 though.
for some people this did not work until they added this step: 1.2 Change Secure Boot to "Disabled"

1. Restart the laptop and start tapping the F2 key at the Dell logo for enter the BIOS.
2. Navigate to the “Advanced” menu.
3. Change the SATA operation/selection in BIOS from Intel Smart Response to AHCI.
4. Press F10 to save changes and exit.
5. Reboot the system.
6. Go back into the BIOS by tapping the F2 key and change the SATA operation/selection in BIOS from AHCI to Intel Smart Response.
7. Save changes and exit by pressing the F10 key.
8. Reboot the system and it should boot normally into Windows.

If you restart the system after it is forcibly turned off, windows 8 tries to use the fast start-up method. When this occurs, the system determines that the previous restart attempt was unsuccessful, and then tries to restart by using the full start-up method. However, this full start-up attempt fails because of an access violation that is caused by memory corruption.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte