Cannot install speech and keyboard language despite "fixes"

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello there
Lumia 930
Slow ring, so OS build 14295.1005

Using English as phone language/voice, as I prefer this, and it makes Cortana work with no hassle

But I need a French keyboard as well. The keyboard is there, but it won't download the text suggestions for French
Same thing for French speech : bug when downloading it

Phone is a fresh hard reset

Tried uninstalling Windows Insider, and reinstalling it. Tried to update when it was both installed and uninstalled.

Tried "updating" my phone as I understand it's now "the way to install languages". Update says there is nothing to update, this both with Insider uninstalled and freshly reinstalled

Tried waiting 2 days ☺

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

J

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello there
Lumia 930
Slow ring, so OS build 14295.1005

Using English as phone language/voice, as I prefer this, and it makes Cortana work with no hassle

But I need a French keyboard as well. The keyboard is there, but it won't download the text suggestions for French
Same thing for French speech : bug when downloading it

Phone is a fresh hard reset

Tried uninstalling Windows Insider, and reinstalling it. Tried to update when it was both installed and uninstalled.

Tried "updating" my phone as I understand it's now "the way to install languages". Update says there is nothing to update, this both with Insider uninstalled and freshly reinstalled

Tried waiting 2 days ☺

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

J

to answer part of your issue, to install a newer version of the OS, you need to have insider app installed and you need to select fast ring and then check for OS updates

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077