I want to limit my battery charge level to not exceed 80% when charging

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a sony vaio E Series laptop. When I had windows 7, it didn't let the battery charge more than 80%. But now when I have installed windows 8.1 and now it charges till 100%. This would reduce my battery life. Please help me solve this problem. I want to limit the charge to 80%.

Thanks

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a sony vaio E Series laptop. When I had windows 7, it didn't let the battery charge more than 80%. But now when I have installed windows 8.1 and now it charges till 100%. This would reduce my battery life. Please help me solve this problem. I want to limit the charge to 80%.

Thanks

what actually reduces battery life is when you drain to less than 20% on a regular basis. Letting it charge to 100% doesn't affect the battery life

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure you can do that. I know older ThinkPad's had the option you're looking for in Power Manager, but that was years ago.

Otherwise, I haven't seen anything to replace it. Then again, I never looked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire