Why my (LUMIA 730 Dual sim) battery draining fast even mobile data off?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have upgraded to current latest insider build, but in my LUMIA 730 Dual sim phone battery drains very fast, almost after 100 % charging, it comes 0 % with in 4 hours even i was kept battery saver mode and without cellular data.

Please need immediate build...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have upgraded to current latest insider build, but in my LUMIA 730 Dual sim phone battery drains very fast, almost after 100 % charging, it comes 0 % with in 4 hours even i was kept battery saver mode and without cellular data.

Please need immediate build...

You're on redstone build?

Try this

• Check settings >system > battery > which apps are using the most energy?
  • Again, in battery section, which apps can run in the background? Can you disable those you don't need? Keep messaging enabled to run in background
  • In battery section, you can also set up battery saver to kick in when the battery reaches a certain percentage. I keep mine on 100% so it's always on battery saver mode
  • In mail app, how often do you have mails to sync? Generally the longer the time period, the less the battery usage
  • What about brightness settings? Is it on high or auto? Auto is better than a fixed setting
  • If you finds that messaging app uses a lot of battery, this could be because it's linked with skype. Go to messaging app, settings and unlink skype
  • In photos app, do you have auto upload of photos enabled? If yes, try to not upload high res photos and videos unless you are charging the phone and on wifi
  • When you use some apps that are not data heavy like whatsapp or mail, you can use a lower network speed like 2G. It's what I do usually. I only use LTE when I have to use 6tag
  • If you're using edge for basic browsing, you could try using UC browser. Not only does it use less data but you can also disable images which means you save even more on data. The less data your phone has to receive, the less the energy used
  • In settings > privacy - check each of those settings to see which apps can use what. For example I can't understand why Word would need to access location info so I disabled that. There might be apps using services that they are not meant to use
  • Reduce feedback telemetry to basic
  • Finally, keep wifi/cellular off when you don't need to have them on. The toggles in action centre are pretty fast so it doesn't take much time in switching internet on/off
  • Disable auto update of apps, you only update when you are ready and not when you are in need of critical things

Hope this helps you

Abhim10

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
i updatd my lumia 730 to w10 14342.1004 today. they fixed the battery draining issue. No major upgrades other than that. But can anyone tell me what's REDSTONE build?? i am confused.. Cuz when i go for device information no-where its mentioned about this redstone build. so can anyone help in this part?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
i updatd my lumia 730 to w10 14342.1004 today. they fixed the battery draining issue. No major upgrades other than that. But can anyone tell me what's REDSTONE build?? i am confused.. Cuz when i go for device information no-where its mentioned about this redstone build. so can anyone help in this part?

The OS has numbers for each version that gets released. For example, right now most windows 10 pcs are on OS version 10586.318. The 10586.xxx is a threshold build in general. 10586.318 is threshold, the next version, 10586.338 is also threshold.

Now newer builds that don't have the 10586 number are builds such as 14342.xxxx. These are the redstone builds. The whole group of preview builds higher than 10586 are redstone. So for phone we have 14342.1004. Soon 14352 could come out for phones but it will still be called redstone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre