FILE HIJACKED MY LG Lancet

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

This a new LG Lancet with Verizon service. I've had it less than a month. I pulled up a menu for Chicken Salad Chick. It downloaded and now, since 5/19 every time I click on a link in an email or website the menu pops up. Can someone please help? Thank you.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
This a new LG Lancet with Verizon service. I've had it less than a month. I pulled up a menu for Chicken Salad Chick. It downloaded and now, since 5/19 every time I click on a link in an email or website the menu pops up. Can someone please help? Thank you.

You pull up that menu from your browser? Have you tried emptying your cache? If that doesn't do it, I would just back up my stuff and do a hard reset.

vric

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I'll try that. Yes, pulled it up from browser. I went back and looked several times - site appears legit but I'm tech challenged, it would have to be obvious. I did send an email to the company so they can check it out but of course, it's the weekend. I'll empty cache and let you know. Thank you.

vric

May 22, 2016
Visit site
dlalonde, yes, thank you very much! That worked. Can you explain the mechanics of what happened? Was there any way I could have anticipated this? I didn't even know it would download, thought it just opened.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
dlalonde, yes, thank you very much! That worked. Can you explain the mechanics of what happened? Was there any way I could have anticipated this? I didn't even know it would download, thought it just opened.

You just cleared you cache? If that's the case, then the site just had a script loaded in your cache that would launch automatically when you opened up your browser. :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6