Wobbage

May 30, 2016
Visit site
I have a Lumia 520. The phone has worked flawlessly and beautifully for the last few years. I recently installed the prompted 8.1 updates (I have purposely put off and ignored getting the updates for a very long time) After being prompted for the last couple months I clicked to install them. Well that was a giant mistake.

Immediately after updating to 8.1 my power button no longer functions. I can not power on nor power off with a simple click. If I plug the phone into the charger it will come on and I can use it but if it goes to sleep I can't wake it unless I disconnect from power. This is simply not an acceptable workaround. Also I have noticed rapid power drain. I am unable to use the volume/power/camera buttons to reset. I was able to hard reset the phone from the "About' menu and I thought it would take it back to factory settings, where my phone would be reset to the version prior to updating. This was not the case and this did not resolve the issue.

I now have an updated phone but it's unusable in this condition and I am more than a little frustrated. I don't want to have to purchase something new because this damnable update pooched it due to no fault of mine. HELP please.

OS VERSION 8.10.14234.375
FIRMWARE REVISION NUMBER 3058.500000.1424.0000
HARDWARE REVISION NUMBER 1.6.0.1

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 520. The phone has worked flawlessly and beautifully for the last few years. I recently installed the prompted 8.1 updates (I have purposely put off and ignored getting the updates for a very long time) After being prompted for the last couple months I clicked to install them. Well that was a giant mistake.

Immediately after updating to 8.1 my power button no longer functions. I can not power on nor power off with a simple click. If I plug the phone into the charger it will come on and I can use it but if it goes to sleep I can't wake it unless I disconnect from power. This is simply not an acceptable workaround. Also I have noticed rapid power drain. I am unable to use the volume/power/camera buttons to reset. I was able to hard reset the phone from the "About' menu and I thought it would take it back to factory settings, where my phone would be reset to the version prior to updating. This was not the case and this did not resolve the issue.

I now have an updated phone but it's unusable in this condition and I am more than a little frustrated. I don't want to have to purchase something new because this damnable update pooched it due to no fault of mine. HELP please.

OS VERSION 8.10.14234.375
FIRMWARE REVISION NUMBER 3058.500000.1424.0000
HARDWARE REVISION NUMBER 1.6.0.1

can you check for updates again? There might be a firmware update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos