Switching to Android, help! Any advice?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Switching to Android, help!

Hello all, I'm a past user of i-phones, android, and even blackberry devices. Once I started using windows phone 4 years ago, I knew I found my new favorite platform.
Windows has given me everything the other softwares did not, for a long time. But now my carrier no longer supports windows phone... and long story short I will not switch because my current carrier is provided for free via my place of work. I will now have to settle for an android phone, unless I want to pay a lot extra, which I do not.

My main question is... is there a way I can transfer all of my contacts to my new android device? The device is an LG G4 if that matters.

Secondary questions that I can live with out, but would prefer to have answered are...

Is there a way to transfer my text messages? All of them... my current windows phone has messages stored from 4 years ago.. would love to have that on the new phone.

Is there a "cortana/bing" button app sort of thing on the android app store? That was by far my most favorite thing about windows phone was the bing button. It will be sorely missed if there isn't an app replacement on android.

....if I can't do any of the above... is there a way I can just install windows phone 10 on my LG G4 by rooting it and voiding every type of warranty? I'd love to do that if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Switching to Android, help!

Welcome to Windows Central.

You'd probably be better off visiting our sister site Android Central and asking there.

Here are a few threads on Android Central that should be helpful.
Switching to Android after 9 years on windows phone. What should I expect? Tips? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
Switch from windows phone to Android? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
Question for former Windows Phone users - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

As far as installing Windows 10 Mobile on the LG G4, no that isn't possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs