can you please direct me to a safe download of windows phone app for desk top ?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi, I have a Nokia Lumia 636. Windows phone 8.1 Update. I have not used windows phone app for desk top for a while as my computer was sick, it's all better now and runs windows 7 64bit but I have to reinstall the windows phone app for desk top and was hoping you would direct me to a safe download. When I looked at the microsoft website it left me confused, maybe they changed it's name or I am not sure if the app is compatible with my antiquated equipment. Also when I last used the app it was a bit of a pain, doubling up on everything." I just want to move a couple short video's I made on the phone to my pc for editing and viewing". Your assistance to help me achieve this in as simple a way as possible would be very much appreciated.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have a Nokia Lumia 636. Windows phone 8.1 Update. I have not used windows phone app for desk top for a while as my computer was sick, it's all better now and runs windows 7 64bit but I have to reinstall the windows phone app for desk top and was hoping you would direct me to a safe download. When I looked at the microsoft website it left me confused, maybe they changed it's name or I am not sure if the app is compatible with my antiquated equipment. Also when I last used the app it was a bit of a pain, doubling up on everything." I just want to move a couple short video's I made on the phone to my pc for editing and viewing". Your assistance to help me achieve this in as simple a way as possible would be very much appreciated.

If you simply want to transfer pc, you don't need any app on desk. Simply plug, and you see you phone as an external hard drive in My PC / This computer.
If pc asks for Action, choose File editor / File manager / Open files.
That's all. SImply drag and drop files from/to phone folders from/to pc folders

Mivdze

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Thank You. I have tried this method a few times with a different result each time. Sometimes the files are not shown for the phone or the Sd card sometimes I see the files but they are all showing as empty even though they are obiously not as I can see the contents on my phone. Sometimes there is no prompt for action and opening the files through the browse option on the phone icon produces empty files also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3