Why does my phone show 2 cogs turning all of the time?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

my phone when on just shows 2 cogs turning all time and turns off whats up with my phone pls

large and small cog turning each other then phone goes off again cant do anything with it

VigneshB

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Re: my phone when on just shows 2 cogs turning all time and turns off whats up with my phone pls

Unfortunately, you would need to perform a hard reset on your device which will result in you losing all the data on your phone.
Press and hold the volume down, power buttons until your phone vibrates and restarts
As soon as the Nokia logo appears, press the following buttons one at a time in a sequence: Volume up, Volume down, Power, Volume down
The OEM logo should briefly disappear and then come back (if the keys are pressed correctly). The spinning gears will then return for another 5-15 minutes before your device comes back with the Welcome screen.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: my phone when on just shows 2 cogs turning all time and turns off whats up with my phone pls

I agree with Vignesh, hard reset. But also a soft reset may be worth trying first to avoid that data loss.

Sounds like a stuck update and soft reset will usually fix this.

Soft Reset = Hold the Volume Down + Power buttons until the phone vibrates and reboots (about 10 seconds). Soft Reset is a great go-to to solve many types of glitch.

Hard Reset = Power off the phone > hold Volume Down > press Power > keep holding Volume Down until you see the exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down

Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Down

You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery. You do loose data, but get your phone back. Sign into your Microsoft Account and restore your backup during the set up.

Not knowing what caused this I can only guess at stuck update unless you were intentionally trying to reset your phone.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon