Win 10 Mobile Upgrade from 8.1

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

What it always takes me to 10586 build while i am doing the fresh windows 10 upgrade from windows 8.1 on my Nokia 730??

When I do a clean upgrade(meaning refresh the device using WRT, bring the version to Win 8.1.

OS Version - 8.10.14234.375

It takes to me to 10586.xx(Not able to recollect the exact version, but 10586 for sure) build. Is anyone facing this issue and there are lot of issues I am facing, like when select the cellular data the phone gets hanged, only after reset phone it works ok.

Thanks & Regards!
-Bhoopathi K

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
When you use the official upgrade option, the first update installs 10586.107. You have to check for updates again and then it will install 10586.318 which is the latest official public version of Windows 10 for mobile.

After the update has installed 10586.318, you can do a hard reset (factory reset) What this does is is a clean install of the OS and removes any leftover files from the installation process. A factory reset keeps the same OS version, it will not take you back to 8.1. Factory resets can be done from settings - it helps to sort out any issues you have

To go back to 8.1, you'll have to use WDRT as you have already done

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Bhoopathi K

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Hey Chinthan, Though the build gets installed (14367) successfully, still I am having issues accessing my apps like Groove Music, Store......its sometime irritating to do this again and again. Could you please let me know the fresh installation procedure doing the fast ring updates from 8.1 to 14367(latest fast ring preview build), still makes all my apps work. Is that mandatory to hard reset my mobile to make it work better. Thoughts and help.

BK

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)