Mystery of the mostly missing files: folder and subfolders exist but contain nothing

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My folder (and subfolder) names are where they should but they are now linked to nothing. Empty. I copied contents of Onedrive Documents to a thumbdrive, hoping the missing files might appear in the new files. No such luck. I went back to clean out the empty folders from Documents and a msg popped up that the files are too big to recycle. Empty folders. I'm hoping my missing photos and videos of grandchildren are just hiding from me. Any clues?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My folder (and subfolder) names are where they should but they are now linked to nothing. Empty. I copied contents of Onedrive Documents to a thumbdrive, hoping the missing files might appear in the new files. No such luck. I went back to clean out the empty folders from Documents and a msg popped up that the files are too big to recycle. Empty folders. I'm hoping my missing photos and videos of grandchildren are just hiding from me. Any clues?

can you change the view options for the folders to show hidden files?
And check the size of the empty folders. Is it actually empty?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb