Why is my touch screen acting wonky?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a lenovo desktop pc that my family and I use for everything. It is touch screen which is super convenient for my mother because she can't see as well as she used to so it makes zooming in easier for her. To make a long story short, I laughed at something a friend said while I was drinking and ended up spraying my computer with water. (I know... not my best moment!) I then decided to dry the screen of my computer with a paper towel. It worked fine afterwards when I used the computer yesterday. This morning was a different story.

I can't really use the touch screen that well now because now it's a hit or miss. If I tap one area (with one finger) it will either work normally, hit an area that I didn't hit, or act as if I'm using more than one finger and will click three or four times.

Also, sometimes I'm not even using the touch screen and something will click as if I did use it. Like, while I'm typing my question into the box I can't finish what I'm typing because my computer clicked outside of the box (but I was typing and didn't tap anything on the touch screen!).

Also zooming in can be pretty hit or miss as well because my screen will either zoom normally or it will act like I tapped the screen instead. This is getting super annoying and I'm getting frustrated because I don't know what to do. I've tried restarting my computer, I dampened a paper towel with a bit of water and tried cleaning the computer screen. I even tried going into the settings to calibrate the touch screen (which was pretty difficult to do considering sometimes when I tapped NOTHING HAPPENED) but nothing really worked.

I don't know what else to do so I'm seeking help on this forum.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a lenovo desktop pc that my family and I use for everything. It is touch screen which is super convenient for my mother because she can't see as well as she used to so it makes zooming in easier for her. To make a long story short, I laughed at something a friend said while I was drinking and ended up spraying my computer with water. (I know... not my best moment!) I then decided to dry the screen of my computer with a paper towel. It worked fine afterwards when I used the computer yesterday. This morning was a different story.

I can't really use the touch screen that well now because now it's a hit or miss. If I tap one area (with one finger) it will either work normally, hit an area that I didn't hit, or act as if I'm using more than one finger and will click three or four times.

Also, sometimes I'm not even using the touch screen and something will click as if I did use it. Like, while I'm typing my question into the box I can't finish what I'm typing because my computer clicked outside of the box (but I was typing and didn't tap anything on the touch screen!).

Also zooming in can be pretty hit or miss as well because my screen will either zoom normally or it will act like I tapped the screen instead. This is getting super annoying and I'm getting frustrated because I don't know what to do. I've tried restarting my computer, I dampened a paper towel with a bit of water and tried cleaning the computer screen. I even tried going into the settings to calibrate the touch screen (which was pretty difficult to do considering sometimes when I tapped NOTHING HAPPENED) but nothing really worked.

I don't know what else to do so I'm seeking help on this forum.

take it for repairs, this is a hardware issue and repairing it on your own is very tricky and difficult

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon